Wednesday, June 30:News about a forthcoming guest appearance by EV - ON RECORD (please, do not panic :-)). [Thanks to Joe Berkemeier and Todd Thornton]Tuesday, June 29:
A wonderful review of last Friday night's Hollywood Palladium show is online, [courtesy of Darlene :) ]
Sunday, June 27:6:20pm:: The Review from last night is now live. [Thanks to a fan who wishes to remain anonymous for sharing their experiences with us!]Saturday, June 26:
1:45am: Okay, the rest of the setlist is now up. [Thanks to Florence and Renee!] We'll get the rest of the details up tomorrow at some point, once everyone's brains unfrazzle...
12:15am: What a night! Part of the second set, now up! 1999 Concert Chronology. The cell phone battery died mid-set; we'll get the rest after the show, stay tuned! [KB, you rule this universe]
9:30pm: Sometimes lighting does strike twice! The Masked Ed-ved-sters strike again in SoCal!!! Reports from "the lucky ones" in News! [Thanks to: Ben, "source of all happiness," KB, and Florence and crew]Friday, June 25:
Some corrections to last night's show. [Thanks to Darlene!]Ed's set and some notes, now in the 1999 Concert Chronology. If anyone has photos from this show, please write us! More info to come, keep checking the 1999 Concert Chronology. [SUPER Thanks to Mari!]Thursday, June 24:
8:30pm: It's started! Ed performs "Against The 70's" with Mike Watt & The Black Gang Crew. More to come - watch this space!
Tentative lineup and times for tonight's show. In News. [Thanks to horizon-in-training Darlene Patten]"Whale Song" hits the net ... in news!Tuesday, June 22:
Yeah yeah yeah yeah....in News. [Props go to Matt Hale, who unearthed the original leak, and not everyone else's repetition of the leak, go Matt]Monday, June 21:
Some miscellaneous things:
- Don't keep writing and asking for the whole TFC on mp3. One, it's out there (don't ask us where), two, that's not what we do.
- No, that is not David Crosby's full email address! Just because you're on AOL doesn't mean that everyone else is.It's a floor wax *and* a dessert topping...the long-awaited TFC '99 Review Extravaganza is also the June Song X. [Thanks to Bob and Mike for the recording and mp3, and to Neil Mulgrew for the Jon Stewart-EV interview transcription]Sunday, June 20:Apologies; the TFC review is *almost* done; we just have to scan the photos. It will absolutely be up by Tuesday morning when you log in, we promise (and if it's not, you have carte blance to send hate mail). Thanks for your interest & patience.Saturday, June 19:
Reminder: The TFC special broadcast is available online until 4pm tomorrow (Monday) - see the TFC news page.Info about a special TFC broadcast tomorrow and Monday, in TFC news!Wednesday, June 16:
Yet more TFC tidbits! Ed's guitar, and news about a special interview.Monday, June 14:
Our ETA for the 5h review has slipped, look for it this weekend. (Sorry, it was a LONG weekend! =))Our TFC reporter "out there in the fields" has returned! =) And brings the following information:Sunday, June 13:
If you missed the excitement, the TFC '99 news page is still up.
- We know that there is much confusion about the setlist, but what's in the 1999 Concert Chronology is absolutely, positively, 100% confirmed from the source; there's also a scan of one of Ed's handwritten lyric sheets - check it out!
- We can also confirm that there was indeed a pre-TFC surprise warm-up show in Chicago Saturday night; details in the 1999 Concert Chronology.
- Finally, no matter what Q101 says (oh, *there's* a reliable source!), we cannot at this time confirm the alleged Sunday night solo Ed appearance. That doesn't mean it didn't happen, just that we have yet to find a reliable source to confirm it. We're working on it.
Continuing updates (including Ed's setlist) to the TFC '99 news page.Saturday, June 12:Updates to the TFC '99 news page.Friday, June 11:Update in TFC '99 news page regarding possible TFC lineup for Sunday's show.Thursday, June 10:
And a fascinating story from the Salon about the whole "Last Kiss" release, Kosovo, Sony, MP3 technology ... good reading :)Since we recently received several nice photos from the wonderful Great Woods show, we have a new Photo of the Moment (with links to a few more of the photos from there).Wednesday, June 9:We've consolidated all the late-breaking TFC news on our new TFC '99 page.Tuesday, June 8:"Last Kiss" releasedIt's here! You can read about the history of the song, or buy it if you need it. =) [Thanks to Ross Hobbie for the history link]Monday, June 7:OK, it is a few days late, but here it is ... the May Song X!Wednesday, June 2:Ummm, what's wrong with this picture? Gary Charone's open letter to Vedder? ... in News.Tuesday, June 1:Some interesting News about the TFC, courtesy Jeff Ament! [Mike and Trevor, love you both, see you in two weeks]
Many of you have written to us to point out that the review of place/date on amazon.com says that the 1998 Christmas single is included if you buy the book from their web site (and that's in fact what it *does* say. However, we've verified this with amazon.com, and you do NOT get a 7" if you buy the book from them. They are going to amend their description ASAP. So, don't waste your money.
Kayla Jade, welcome to earth's atmosphere. =)
Copyright © 2004 Five Horizons